Warning signs that someone’s anxiety is setting in.
If you suffer from anxiety, this really helps explain and put into perspective why you feel like you do with relation to your diagnosis. Anxiety is not a one size fits all, it has many symptoms.
Below are some telltale signs that might surface when someone is feeling anxious.
- Struggling to sit still, appear restless
- “Snapping” at something small. This is commonly know amongst us as overreacting
- They become inpatient, have a now or never sense of urgency
- Pressured speech, talking fast
- Shortness of breath or difficulties with breathing
- Increased heart rate or experiencing chest palpitations
- Appearing zoned out or out of touch with reality
- Having “protective” mannerisms such as stroking their arms
- Difficulty with making eye contact
- Pacing back and forth
- They might need more reassurance of things
- Have hypersensitivity to noise or light
- They experience dryness in mouth
- Have speech difficulties and tightness in throat
- They might want to leave an event or activity earlier than expected
This sensations are normal and there is a reason to them, ANXIETY! The first step to health and winning with anxiety is understanding how it looks like, put a face to the name. This has been found to be helpful in alleviating the stress that comes with dealing with and managing anxiety. Which symptoms can you relate to? Is there any missed that you would like to share with us? Kindly feel free to add them below in the comment section.
Chiromo Hospital Group